Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Now you must be wondering what 'Arrabona' is...


 Győr - or Arrabona as it has been called in the roman times - is the city of rivers halfway between Budapest and Vienna and only an hour away from Lake Balaton and the highlands of Bakony. 
A place definitely worth to be crossed...

Győr is the most important city of northwest Hungary, the capital of Győr-Moson-Sopron county and Western Transdanubia region, and — halfway between Budapest and Vienna — lies on one of the important roads of Central Europe. The city is the sixth largest in Hungary, and one of the seven main regional centres of the country.
Győr has also been called one of the most beautiful Baroque cities of Europe; in 1989 it received the Europa Nostra Prize, which is the EU’s award for protecting monuments.
Though the sightseeing of the city centre itself would only take a day, there are plenty more things to do in and around Győr. 
  
In the first place I have dedicated this blog to my city Győr but of course information and news shall not be limited to just this one city although - as it is my home town - it is the dearest to my heart.:-) 

A little bit about me...




My name is Jo Eveline and I was born and have lived most of my life in Győr. I have graduated in international relations management, I’m fluent in English and German and I have a great interest in foreigners and getting to know other cultures.
I have recently moved home from London, UK where I have lived in the past three and a half years. Having met and spoken to so many different nationalities and types of people made me realize how little the world knows about our country in general. Of course it’s evident that a small country like Hungary doesn’t get that much attention. Also, there are no palm trees or a seashore either, but instead we have the Puszta, Goulasch and many many natural and historical treasures.:-)
Our country still has a long long way to go to better comfort our international visitors, but while we are on the way to achieve this, I would like to be the „extra help” for you:-)





No comments:

Post a Comment